Should You Repair, Patch, or Replace Your Roof
Call 984-213-4244 | These are some things to think about when deciding whether you want a roof replacement, or a roof repaired.
What is involved in roof repair?
Roof repair is not about tearing down your entire roof to replace it. Instead, you will be repairing a small area of your roof. The repair process can vary depending on the extent of the damage, and it may involve patching up small gaps and replacing missing or damaged shingles or other materials. Before you can repair your roof, you or a qualified contractor must identify the problem.
- We work with insurance companies and help them to make insurance claims. We can help you navigate the inspection process and make sure you have a valid insurance policy that covers roof damage.
- A detailed agreement After your insurance company has given their approval, we will provide you with a contract that details the work involved, the timeline, and contact information.
- We will next acquire the required building permit to begin the project. HOA approvals are also possible.
- Home preparation takes all necessary precautions to ensure your property is safe before we start work. For protection, we place tarps on your property for the dump area.
- Actual roof repairs: We start fixing your roof after everything is in order.
- Cleaning: It can be messy to repair a roof. We remove all debris from your property after the work is completed.
Roof Replacement: What Are the Key Factors?
Roof replacements are usually more costly upfront than repairs because it involves more work. There are some situations where a new roof can help you save money. You should also get insurance if your roof is damaged by severe weather like hail and tornadoes. This will help to determine if your roof is repaired or replaced. If your roof is sagging, you should consider replacing it. This is a sign that your roof may be at risk of falling.
Once the contractor has identified all issues with your roof, they will begin to replace it.
1) Removal of old roofing Once your Fuquay Varina, NC property has been secured, we will remove any old shingles or roofing material to inspect the wood decking.
2) Roof inspection Next, we will inspect the deck for any weakening wood, rot or mold that might not have been apparent on the initial Raleigh, NC property roofing inspection.
3) Preparing deck: Following the inspection, we will place drip edges along the eaves and ice around the chimney, vents, and roof valleys. We also install heavy-duty roofing felt onto the roof deck.
4) Laying the new roof. Next, we will start to lay new roofing materials. We will work from the bottom and overlap the materials correctly. The roof covering will be installed, including flashing and ridge vents.
5) Final inspection and cleanup: We can’t leave the job until all debris and waste has been removed from the site. To ensure your satisfaction, we will also conduct a final inspection.
Roof Replacement or Re-Roofing
Many homeowners near me for Fuquay Varina, NC, and Raleigh mistakenly think that roof replacement is the same as re-roofing. Both home improvement projects repair your roof and replace it with new shingles. However, they have distinct advantages. A roof repair may be sufficient to address minor or major damage. This home improvement can repair your roof and extend the life of an old roof It is not worth tearing down the entire roof to replace damaged shingles, only to discover that the problem is worsening. If minor repairs are sufficient, it is not worth tearing down your entire roof. There are many factors you should consider before you decide on the best solution to your roof problem.
How to Choose Between Roof Replacement or Repair
This is a common project that almost every homeowner will have to deal with at one point. Even though the damage may seem simple enough to fix, it is better to call a professional roofing company such as roofclaim.com to ensure it is done right. You should not paint yo ur entire roomor give your cabinets a new look. However, replacing or repairing your roof is a major home improvement project that must be considered carefully. To ensure that your roof remains in the best condition and gets the most for your money, you must carefully consider your options.
Roofs are made to last and protect you from the elements. You can identify when it is time to replace your roof by using the sell-by date of every roofing material. Asphalt roofing shingles, for example, typically last two decades. Metal roofing materials and clay roof tiles can take longer to fall. Your roof will show signs of age and deterioration after its lifespan is nearly over. It is often better to replace the entire roof than pay for repair after repair.
Pro-tip Want more information about roofing materials and their durability? To learn more, check out our articles on tile roofing or shingle roofing.
Roof Repair: The Pros and Cons
In some cases, a roof repair project may not be the best choice. Let’s look at the pros and cons of each option to help you decide. These are the pros and cons of roof repair.
- Roof repairs are less expensive.
- Repair projects are quick and easy to complete.
- They can extend the life of your roof.
- It may be difficult for some shingles to match the original colors when they are being replaced. These repairs can affect the aesthetic value and curb appeal of your roof.
- Poor workmanship and patches can cause more problems.
- It can mask deeper problems.
Roof Replacement: The Pros and Cons
A roof replacement is a more expensive home improvement project than a roof repair. Here are some pros and cons to roof replacement.
- It solves all roofing problems, even those hidden beneath the shingles.
- You can save money by buying a new roof.
- It can improve curb appeal.
- It can increase energy efficiency and lower utility bills.
- A new roof lasts longer than a repair.
- You will need more time and materials to renovate your entire roof.
- This is a more costly project.
- It can take more time to complete a roof replacement than a repair.
The bottom line: Deciding to Replace or Repair Your Roof
You now know the difference between roof repair and roof replacement. We encourage you to schedule a free inspection to inspect your roof and identify any issues.