GAF Shingle Review: The Pros and Cons of GAF’s Premium Shingles
Today, we will discuss the pros and cons of GAF’s premium Shingles to help contractors and homeowners decide if this brand is worth their time and effort. You can decide for yourself. We are a GAF Master Elite Certified Contractor and are biased towards using GAF shingles on roofs we install. This is rightly so. We know that the final decision is up to the customer, so it’s essential that we give honest reviews about the products we use. In the case of roofing shingles, there is no perfect solution.
OUR ROOFING SYSTEMS
Because we understand that each home is unique, our roofers offer a variety of residential roofing materials. This allows you to choose from many options when deciding on the right choice for your Raleigh or Fuqua Varina home. AMI Builders will repair, replace, and install your roof.
1) 50 Years of Combined Experience
2) Lifetime Guarantee
3) Insured and Licensed Roofing Contractors
What are GAF Shingles?
The company’s products can be purchased through more than 20,000 authorized dealers worldwide. Their products are backed by solid warranties covering quality and product defects. Customers benefit from their continuous innovation efforts, allowing them to continue creating better and more sustainable products yearly. GAF was created from great manufacturing methods and iterations that began in the late 1800s.
The Standard Company was the original home of RUBER-OID Roofing, and it became a major manufacturer of rubber roll roofing and asphalt shingles. In the 1930s, interlocking asphalt shingles were introduced. Even a brief stint was done in film and cameras. Their roofing products have seen significant improvements in the 1990s and 2000s. These include their High Definition(r), Shingles, self-adhering TPO membranes, and more efficient shingles.
Timberline is Their Most Popular Shingle Line
GAF offers two versions of Timberline(r), the most popular shingle in America. The Timberline(r), HDZ(TM), the line is high-definition shingles with Layer Lock and interlocking asphalt shingles. These shingles are an excellent choice for homeowners looking for an affordable, high-quality asphalt shingle that comes in various colors.
Timberline(r), AH Shingle is their other Timberline(r). These shingles offer a higher quality version of HDZ shingles and include unique Stain Guard Plus (TM) Time Release Algae Fighting Technology. These shingles are recommended for homeowners concerned about algae growth and need a better-quality asphalt shingle.
Royal Sovereign 3-Tab Shingles
Finally, our GAF’s Royal Sovereign 3-Tab Shingles. These shingles are affordable and durable, and these shingles are the ideal choice for anyone looking for a 3-tab asphalt shingle with durability and quality that can withstand all weather conditions. They are also available in great colors that match. Shingles are just like any product. They have pros and cons but offer many of the same benefits we’ve highlighted. GAF shingles have cons too. We believe homeowners and contractors need to know all details to make the best choice for their businesses. Let’s start with the best: the pros and cons of GAF shingles.
GAF Shingles are the best choice for any roofing project.
Designer Shingles: Slate line (TM) and Camelot II (TM).
GAF’s designer line is costly, but they are a fantastic option for those with limited budgets. Slate shingles are an expensive and long-lasting roofing material. They are also the longest-lasting shingles, lasting more than 100 years. Natural slate may not be for everyone, but GA Slate line (TM), Shingles is. These shingles are elegant and look just like slate shingles, but for a fraction of their cost. Camelot II(TM), a luxury line of shingles, is available. It comes with custom colors unique to GAF and costs a fraction of the price of generic architectural shingles. These are the best shingles for a designer look.
The Pros and Cons of GAF Shingles
1) There are options to suit every budget. GAF shingles can be affordable for everyone who needs a new roof. They come in various price points, including premium and fundamental options for the homeowner.
2) Amazing warranties. GAF shingles come with a LIFETIME limited warranty. Five other warranties are available, including the Limited Warranty of Gold Pledge, which covers a 25-year quality guarantee.
3) Many of their warranties can be transferred.
4) The Stain Guard (TM) technology protects shingles from algae growth and staining over the long term.
5) These strict requirements are for contractors who have been certified. This ensures that companies such as AMI Builders can know the shingles inside and out and install them flawlessly.
Cons of GAF Shingles
1) Contractors have reported problems with granule losses. GAF shingles can be defective and cause more damage than average. Granule loss is not uncommon.
2) Some small print may make it difficult for homeowners to obtain extended warranties or transfer their property.
3) These shingle brands can be more expensive than others.
4) The materials used to install the roof shingles can often affect the warranty. To protect and uphold these warranties, contractors must adhere to the specific manufacturing rules.
What Should a Quality Shingle Do?
There are a few key components that you should look out for when selecting a quality shingle to protect your home. A quality shingle should be:
1) Use a broad, clear nailing strip for ease and precision during installation.
2) To provide additional protection against the elements, use thick granules.
3) Excellent manufacturer warranties, which protect against defects for at least 15 years.
4) For homeowners who want to increase curb appeal, consider adding various color options and styles.
5) You will be able to withstand hail and other wind-related damage.
6) GAF’s shingles offer a lot for the buck with their high-quality shingles and warranties. AMI Builders is an expert on these shingles and has had only the best experiences working with them.
7) GAF shingles are our top choice because we believe they are the best for our customers. Contact us to get started with your GAF Shingle Installation. We are eager to help you get the roof that you desire.