Fiberglass Insulation Raleigh, Durham, Cary NC
Fiberglass insulation has long been the most common and trusted form of insulation on the market. This is because fiberglass is a relatively low-cost and effective solution for controlling temperatures inside homes, offices, and structures of all kinds. Fiberglass insulation keeps your air conditioner from working longer and harder than necessary, driving up your home’s energy consumption. This saves you money on energy bills and reduces your home’s strain on the environment.
This insulation comes in two forms: blown fiberglass insulation and fiberglass batt insulation. Fiberglass batts are blankets rolled out between beams in attics and walls, while blown fiberglass generally comes in bags to be evenly distributed.
Fiberglass for insulating homes has many benefits, including:
1) It does not deteriorate over time
2) It is naturally non-combustible so it needs no extra fire-retardant chemicals, like cellulose does
3) It is non-absorbent so it will not pick up extra moisture, which reduces insulation r-value and promotes mold growth
4) It significantly lowers yearly home energy costs
5) It can be made from recycled materials
6) Insulation, including fiberglass, spray foam, cellulose, and radiant foil, should be properly installed by a professional insulation contractor for the most complete protection for optimal energy savings.